Friday, February 08, 2008

IT 111 Week 6 Podcast

This podcast includes some general course information, an introduction to the second discussion assignment, and some advice on studying for the test next week. Discussion 2 gives you practice in applying the web design principles from Chapter 7 in our textbook. In addition, I found a great article from Smashing Magazine called "10 Principles of Effective Web Design." I encourage you to read it.

I've also included a short recording I made from a screen reader simulator that will give you a real world example of how blind people experience the web. You can access the simulator yourself. At the very least, it will help you understand why it's important to include the title and summary attributes in your table tags.

Listen to the Week 6 Podcast. (4:56 minutes)
Or, read the transcript if you prefer. PDF

1 comment:

nadinebc said...

What a great site! I will be using this for my students. I am trying to get a com tech course off the ground at my school, we have few resources so there is no money for books etc.