Thursday, November 01, 2007

IT 111 Podcast #6 for Fall 2007

This podcast introduces Cascading Style Sheets and Assignment 5 which covers chapter 9 in the textbook. The screen snapshot to the left is of the W3Schools CSS Tutorial which I strongly encourage students to use as they begin learning CSS.

I'll get the test graded ASAP and I apologize for the technical problems that arose during the test. I know it impacted at least one student who had planned on taking the test in the afternoon.

Listen to the Week 6 Podcast (4:16 minutes)
Or, read the transcript if you prefer. PDF

Feel free to leave a comment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the podcast, Jean - I missed hearing your reassuring voice while you were gone! I also appreciate the heads-up re: the Validator not working for CSS until/unless the XHTML validates first - I didn't know that previously.

Thanks also for the tip re: the CSS Tutorial - I played around with it a little in the past and agree that it's a great tool for learning/experimenting (not that I recall much from when I tried using it, but I really appreciated being able to experiment with the examples - was great immediate feedback).

Welcome Back!
Lisa